Resident honored for chasing down a drunk driver

Original post made on May 14, 2011

When Michael Finley saw the flash go by and heard the crashing metal, he didn't think twice about what he was about to do.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, May 13, 2011, 12:00 AM

Posted by shiloh
on May 14, 2011 at 5:48 pm

yeah Mike Finley! He's a great guy! I don't live in the states but he is a facebook friend of mine.

Posted by Hershel Yatovitz
on May 14, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I have known Michael Finley for many years and I'm not surprised, just very proud of him!

Posted by Allen
on May 14, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Very confusing for the article to refer to the victim simply as "Allen". I assume that is a last name since the article says she is a mother.

And who was the driver? Since she was convicted, her name should be public record. Was there ever a new report about her arrest?

Posted by IN THE KNOW mother
a resident of Green Acres
on May 15, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I feel for the woman who was hit. Over 20 years ago I was hit while sitting in my car waiting for my husband. A woman ran her car into ours and exchanged information on the damage she did to the car. The next day, I felt like I "slept on the pillow wrong"..my neck was stiff and sore. By the beginning of the second day I was CRYING tears in pain and went to the emergency dept at Stanford. They gave me drugs and a neck collar to wear, which over the next few weeks didn't really help out the "SOFT TISSUE INJURY" that I endured..... I was unable to sit, stand, sleep, being in so much continual pain, it was horrible. I had always herd of WHIPLASH and all the jokes that went along with it, but I KNOW first hand now how it happens. I first took drugs for the pain, then had physical therapy, chiropractic care and acupuncture~ NONE that brought me much relief. Only the warm water swimming pool therape seemed to help ( a year later). To this day I still have some neck pain. Traffic injuries are no joke. I hope this woman recovers and realizes how long it may take to, it is a serious injury to your body, no matter WHAT those insurance company lawyers try to tell a judge and jury.
Great rescue job Mike Finley! Perhaps that drunk driver will be forced to sober up after knowing she was responsible for the personal injury that she caused ~and get her own treatment for her drinking problem. God forbid another person would face the rath of a drunk driver.

Posted by IN THE KNOW mother
a resident of Green Acres
on May 15, 2011 at 3:03 pm

P.S... I think Finley deserves AT LEAST a new pair of shoes for the effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by michael finley
on May 9, 2013 at 8:33 am

I agree with who wrote that thr woman who hit my students momshould of been put in the paper. She's head of I.T. at cisco and becuase she is a rich white lady the DA didn't even want to press felony charges!! OUTRAGEOUS!!! imagine if it was a young brown skinned man who was a fulltime student doing a delivery job?? he'd be sentenced to prison for years no questions asked. If it was me? a poor musician, same thing....The "justice" system makes me sick