GOP cancels 2012 Reagan Debate
Original post made by Willy SM, Atherton, on Mar 30, 2011
Or not. From today's news:
"Organizers worried that the May 2 debate, which was announced shortly after the midterm elections last November, would not attract candidates who will eventually get into the race but are delaying announcements for legal and political reasons. Only one top-tier candidate, Tim Pawlenty, has officially created an exploratory committee." Web Link
Where are our brave GOP candidates? Again, at this point in the last cycle, every major candidate had announced and was politicking.
Are they THAT afraid of Obama? Is he unbeatable? Mitt? Michelle? Newt? Sarah?
* * * * * * * * * *
Previous thread: Web Link
The first Republican debate is scheduled at the Reagan library on May 2nd. Web Link At this point in the last cycle, every major candidate had announced and was actively campaigning.
Who's running? Many are undeclared at this point. Some have formed exploratory committees.
* Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota
* Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi
* Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John R. Bolton of Maryland
* Talk show host Herman Cain of Georgia
* Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey
* Governor Mitch Daniels of Indiana
* Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich of Georgia
* Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani of New York
* Former Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas
* U.S. Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman, Jr.
* Former Governor and 2008 Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin of Alaska
* Representative Ron Paul of Texas
* Former Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota
* Former Governor Buddy Roemer of Louisiana
* Former Governor Mitt Romney of Massachusetts
* Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania
* Senator John Thune of South Dakota
* Businessman Donald Trump of New York
Which will win the Californian GOP primary? Who will the victorious GOP candidate be? Who will take the oath in January, 2013?
Which candidate do you like?
Council Priorities 2015: Honesty, Focus, and Listening about Listening
By Douglas Moran | 11 comments | 1,747 views