Zumot concludes testimony in his own murder trial

Original post made on Feb 7, 2011

When Bulos Zumot arrived at the scene of his burning cottage on Oct. 15, 2009, he began making calls to friends, co-workers and his landlord in hopes of locating his girlfriend, Jennifer Schipsi, Zumot testified at his arson-and-murder trial Monday.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, February 7, 2011, 7:27 PM

Posted by Domanica
a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Feb 7, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Domanica is a registered user.

"Gillingham showed the jury a series of messages that Schipsi sent Zumot on the morning of Oct. 15, 2009, demanding money and threatening to call the police"

A "victim" of domestic violence does not threaten her abuser. She does not degrade him and say "I will seek ultimate justice if you don't pay me" A woman who is abused is scared, does not yell and say she will seek revenge.

[Portion removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]

Posted by Paly Alum
on Feb 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Paly Alum is a registered user.

Doesn't sound like she was a victim of abuse. Sounds like they both were drama royalty. Some people are drawn to drama for the thrill. A normal relationship is just too boring for drama royalty.

Posted by Domanica
a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Feb 7, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Domanica is a registered user.

Pali Alum,

I agree , I don't believe she was a victim of abuse either. In fact, the abuse seems to have come from her toward him. She was caught lying several times to the police and recanted her story in police reports, this according to police testimony.

Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Feb 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Hmmm is a registered user.

Of course the murder victim was also a victim of domestic violence. It also sounds like she was violent towards him; it doesn't have to be one way or the other, it can be both. Any cop will tell you that there are many couples who are both violent towards each other and often have their preferred m.o. Some are mentally/verbally abusive, some just physically, some all of that combo, which is what Zumot comes across as.
[Portion removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by Domanica
a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Feb 7, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Domanica is a registered user.

Hmmm,

I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about . I was a victim of violence, so dont you EVER tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!!!! I see the signs and I know who is being honest and who is real. Jennifer, died in a horrible way but she was not a victim of domestic violence. She used it to her advantage. I see countless woman everyday claim that they are victims only to get back at there lover. It'd disgusting and sad that they make false claims like this when there are real individuals going through the real violence and are truly scared for their safety.

If she was a victim, which she wasnt then where are all the pictured of bruises. Hmmm, no pictures because there are none. Oh wait, I take that back, didn't I read that Zumot had pictures of the violence against him. Yes yes yes,,. That's right, she would say domestic violence but it was her being violent to him.

Posted by watcher
a resident of Los Altos
on Feb 8, 2011 at 6:04 am

watcher is a registered user.

The defendant's bravado in thinking his plot was well thought out will be his undoing.

Posted by watcher
a resident of Los Altos
on Feb 8, 2011 at 6:05 am

watcher is a registered user.

Domanica,

Jennifer Schipsi is DEAD! She's IS a VICTIM.

Posted by Domanica
a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Feb 8, 2011 at 8:07 am

Domanica is a registered user.

Yes, she is dead but NOT because she of domestic violence!

Btw, don't acuse me of being a cheerleader for Zumot , I don't know him. I'm a cheerleader for the truth, her story's are all far from the truth, she was caught several times in lies but you just don't want to see that.

Have a great day!

Marriage Underachievers

Politics: Empty appeals to "innovation"

A Surprise!
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 1,511 views

Best High Dives to Watch the Game

It's Dog-O-Ween this Saturday!
By Cathy Kirkman | 2 comments | 792 views