Menlo Park girl, 14, still missing -- a walk-away

Original post made on Jan 8, 2010

Police are looking for Jennifer Blair, a 14-year-old resident of Menlo Park who was last seen leaving her residence in the 400 block of Olive Street on Jan. 6 around 4:30 p.m. Because of her age, police are considering her as "at risk." She is white with long brown hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet, 11 inches tall and 170 pounds, according to a description from the Menlo Park Police Department.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, January 10, 2010, 9:10 PM

Posted by Midtown Parent
on Jan 8, 2010 at 6:33 pm

This news should have been released sooner. I heard about it Yesterday, but I thought they had found her. I hope she is ok. I am wondering what school did she attended. Let's pray for her return and that she is ok.

Posted by Resident
on Jan 8, 2010 at 6:58 pm

This news needs to get out and updated when she is found. She appears to be a very tall girl which is her most outstanding feature and that alone should be make her stand out in a crowd.

Her family must be going through one of the worst fears for parents. My thoughts are with them and I hope she can be found soon.

Posted by MidtownMom
on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Sounds like "runaway" case - hope she returns home sooner than later

Posted by Midtown resident
a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Jan 9, 2010 at 2:02 am

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by Sarah
on Jan 10, 2010 at 5:49 pm

This is so sad and i pray to her. Hopefully if she ranaway she will relized how hard it is alone and come back. Ill continue to pray:)

Posted by Jeffy
on Jan 10, 2010 at 10:22 pm

she goes to m-a

Posted by Concerned Parent
on Jan 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm

What a beautiful young lady. My heart goes out to her family and if she is reading this I hope she will seek help for whatever issues may have caused her to "walk away." If there are problems at home, there is hope for a change if you seek it. If you have a boyfriend that you are taking refuge with, please realize that at 14 you are not mature enough to be involved with someone. In any case, I pray that you are out of harm's way and that in some way you can communicate with someone to put your family and all concerned for your safety at ease. I will pray for a safe resolution of this story.

Posted by Menlo Park Resident
a resident of Menlo Park
on Jan 11, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Jennifer, if you see this message, please darling call your parents!!! There is no greater love than a parents' love for their child/children. I can only imagine the pain they must be going through! I am a parent with two adult children and I am still concerned about them. You are a BEAUTIFUL young lady and your SAFE return is the most important thing; in time all family problems and concerns will work out. Please, please, return home to your parents! Although I do not know you, my heart aches for you and your family.

Posted by Concerned Parent
a resident of Gunn High School
on Jan 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm

If you are with your boyfriend, I am sure your parents would rather know that you are alive. I am sure things will work out at the end, Please contact your parents. Gad bless you whatever you are, and gives your family strength to support the pain of not knowing where you are.

Posted by Bruce
a resident of Menlo Park
on Jan 12, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Did they find her yet? I posted this on my Facebook website.

Posted by concerned neighbor
a resident of Menlo Park
on Jan 12, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Can't the police find out where she is from her computer/facebook etc? One of her MA friends must know where she is or who she is involved with. I pray for her safe return home.

Posted by Devyn
a resident of Woodside
on Jan 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm

My friend was friends with Jennifer when she was in 3rd grade and now shes missing :o :( Poor jennifer

Posted by Parent
a resident of Menlo Park
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:17 am

Can we please get an update on this? I have a 14 year old daughter and I cannot imagine her being missing for a week. Is there any news on her whereabouts? Why isn't her face plastered all over the news like other missing cases?

Posted by mary
on Jan 15, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I am her GrandMother, Jennifer has not been found yet. We are all so worried about her. Please we need help, today is Friday 1-15-10 she has been gone since last wed. Thank you for your concern.

Posted by Vicky
a resident of Menlo Park
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Thanks for the update, Mary. This must be terrible for you. I believe I speak for whole community in saying that we are worried too. I studied Jennifer's photo and the description and have been keeping an eye open for her. Please let us know when she turns up.

Posted by mary
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:41 pm

I want to thank every one for looking for Jennifer, today is her birthday. Everyone in our family is so sad today, her parents are going crazy with worry, she is their only baby.I hope everyone will pray for her safe return. Thank you all, Jennifer's Grandmother

Posted by Resident
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Why isn't there a media blitz about this girl? I did see her picture on one news report last week, but why aren't all the tv stations doing what they usually do about a missing teen?

Please forward her picture to the tv stations and beg them to get the word out. I am sure that they could do a great deal in helping to find her.

Prayers for Jennifer and her family.

Posted by mary
on Jan 18, 2010 at 5:52 pm

My Daughter is working so hard to find her.700 flyers have been put out all over, she is on the IKEA building on 101. She is trying to get the news to put her back on, but since she is a runaway I guess they are not that interested. Maybe more will happen this week since today was a holiday. We are praying she will be spotted by someone that will call the police. Thank you all, Mary

Posted by Patti
a resident of Menlo Park
on Jan 20, 2010 at 12:07 am

I am also heartbroken by the disappearance of Jennifer - she goes to Menlo Park Presbyterian Church and her friends there are very sad and worried and want her to contact them!!

Mary, if you would like us to organize a candle vigil in Fremont Park to let Jennifer know how much we all love and miss her and pray for her safe return SOON, please let us know. We continue to hold your family in prayer - may God's Grace be with you all and especially with Jennifer!

Posted by Sharon
on Jan 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm

We saw the flier outside Whole Foods today

It would make sense to distribute this flier more broadly

and have it on TV and the web

We pray that she is OK

Posted by Danielle
on Jan 26, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Jennifer, I don't know if you're likely to be googling your name and reading these articles. Or if you care what some strangers on the internet have to say about your situation. But I'll go ahead all the same.

You need to get word to your family that at least you're still alive. This is a dangerous world, especially for young women, and I cannot imagine the thoughts that must be plaguing their minds. Please call someone, and let them know that you're okay.

Posted by ninadora
on Jan 29, 2010 at 6:45 am

jennifer I did this too when I was yourr age. Please just have one of your friends call a favorite aunt or uncle to say you are ok. It's easy. Then when you grow up and your parents are old, you won't feel so bad for their worry, u'l know that at least you made your poinr and let them know that you wer ok. I had a friend call my stepmom. It was easy. Nobody was looking for me, but they really do care where you are. That is really sweet. They love you. You are lucky for that. Good luck sweetie. Maybe have someone call your granny? Just a quick call is enough. Just do it. U'll be glad you did.

Posted by Sarah
on Jan 30, 2010 at 10:39 pm

The Almanac is reporting that Jennifer has been in contact with the police and will be brought home tonight.

Posted by Vicky
a resident of Menlo Park
on Jan 30, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Thanks Sarah! Very glad to hear it!

Posted by Sharon