Alert citizen tracks 'Peeping Tom,' calls cops

Original post made on Jan 7, 2009

A 50-year-old Palo Alto man was arrested Monday night for peeping in people's windows from their Evergreen and College Terrace neighborhoods back yards after an alert citizen spotted and followed the man and called police.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 12:57 AM

Posted by Donald
a resident of Stanford
on Jan 7, 2009 at 8:28 am

Anyone know Ronald John Tinseth? Where does he work?

Posted by TipAndRing
on Jan 7, 2009 at 9:42 am

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by YouShouldKnow
on Jan 7, 2009 at 11:27 am

To those of us who still remember the College Terrace Rapist, this is pretty scary.

I've asked before, I'll ask again...what the hell is WRONG with people???

Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Jan 7, 2009 at 12:10 pm

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by cindy
a resident of Mountain View
on Jan 7, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Does anyone have a description of this guy? I had a peeping tom come by twice this past summer and he's still on the loose.

Posted by JustMe
on Jan 7, 2009 at 1:24 pm

A couple of kids doing the Peeping Tom thing is almost excusable, it's kids. This guy was certainly old enough to understand the seriousness of what he was doing and the repercussions if he got caught, yet he did it anyway. It leaves me wondering,....

Posted by Donald
a resident of Stanford
on Jan 7, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I wonder if they will make him register as a sex criminal from now on?

Posted by name
a resident of College Terrace
on Jan 7, 2009 at 4:31 pm

he is an "artist" you can google his name. one of his show at SF is called "tit fits" other stuff can be had through lexis/nexis

Posted by qq
on Jan 8, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Another peeping tom incident just occured in the 200 block of college ave. the rp said it was the same individual that she called about peeping back in august. a 20 something white male in her tree looking in the window. he fled in a green pathfinder/landcruiser style suv. papd ran ronald out just to make sure he wasn't doing it again.

qq

Posted by rr
a resident of Southgate
on Jan 9, 2009 at 9:54 am

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by YouShouldKnow
on Jan 9, 2009 at 11:26 am

These days with the pc dreck being bandied about this City and the selective filtering and distribution of information maybe getting a scanner is not such a bad idea.

I Googled, couldn't find anything about this guy as an artist. Don't have a password for Lexis/Nexus anymore. Would you perhaps have a different link? 'Tit fits'. Lovely name. He should sign his work: 'Peepin' & Creepin'

Posted by rr
a resident of Southgate
on Jan 9, 2009 at 5:07 pm

qq-

Apologies if I offended your sleuthing capabilities. It just seems a bit odd to put this sort of info out there and have people accept it as fact, when in fact it may or may not have actually happened. Unless of course, you were "there" ie, police or dispatch employee...

It seems like you were listening in on a Police scanner. Alot of times that is incomplete info due to cell convos, car computers, etc. Putting fragments of what you "listened in on" on this forum is not only creepy, it is somewhat irresponsible.

Getting "edited" for thinking this is a bit creepy is just that.

Posted by ronald tinseth
on May 6, 2009 at 5:13 pm

My name is Ron Tinseth. I have gone through due process of the law and am serving out my sentence. Also, I have submitted myself into psychotherapy for the way I've become. I am absolutely harmless to anyone. I never had it in mind to include anyone into my habit and was largely unsuccessful. I've read these comments about me and not one of you is anyone I had seen. And no Donald I don't need to register as anything since I never did anything to anyone. I would be o.k. with telling you some information that I have on this subject but I don't know where or when. I am just starting to use the computer.

Sneak peek: Bradley's Fine Diner in Menlo Park

Marriage Underachievers

Politics: Empty appeals to "innovation"

A Surprise!
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 1,520 views

It's Dog-O-Ween this Saturday!
By Cathy Kirkman | 2 comments | 805 views