Political postings: Lots of Heat: Little Light
Original post made by Peter on Sep 15, 2008
1. There too often is blatant disregard for the truth and dishonest repetition of disproved points across several threads, reminiscent of the "big lie" tactic if you repeat a lie often enough, some people will begin to believe it.
2. An over-reliance on single-sourced "facts," without bothering to check other sources, such as snopes.com and factcheck.org, before posting.
3. Mindless parroting of party or ideological talking points.
4. Inflation or conflation of claims.
5. Citation of opinion pieces and blogs as factual, when they are in fact opinion or propaganda.
That said, there are some thoughtful, thorough posters; some I agree with, some I don't. I do value their input. We all have some biases that influence our thinking, and we all have agendas we want to promote but the best posters use valid logic coupled with good sources in the service of their positions.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Touring the Southern California “Ivies:” Pomona and Cal Tech
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 5 comments | 2,700 views
SJSU Center for Steinbeck Studies to Honor Author Khaled Hosseini on Weds Sept 10
By Nick Taylor | 0 comments | 672 views