Political postings: Lots of Heat: Little Light
Original post made by Peter, another community, on Sep 15, 2008
1. There too often is blatant disregard for the truth and dishonest repetition of disproved points across several threads, reminiscent of the "big lie" tactic if you repeat a lie often enough, some people will begin to believe it.
2. An over-reliance on single-sourced "facts," without bothering to check other sources, such as snopes.com and factcheck.org, before posting.
3. Mindless parroting of party or ideological talking points.
4. Inflation or conflation of claims.
5. Citation of opinion pieces and blogs as factual, when they are in fact opinion or propaganda.
That said, there are some thoughtful, thorough posters; some I agree with, some I don't. I do value their input. We all have some biases that influence our thinking, and we all have agendas we want to promote but the best posters use valid logic coupled with good sources in the service of their positions.
Meditation Before Medication for Better Mental Health
By Chandrama Anderson | 11 comments | 1,679 views