Electric Vehicle Rally at Paly HS

Original post made by Left of Boom, Another Palo Alto neighborhood, on Sep 7, 2008

Test drive an Electric Vehicle.

The EV Rally has production and converted electric vehicles on display (some available for test rides or ride-alongs). Cars, trucks, SUVs, scooters, bikes, and more!

The Electric Auto Association (EAA) has been organizing rallies for more than 30 years to help the public learn about electric vehicles. The EV Rally has production electric vehicles on display, with some available for test rides or ride-alongs. Talk to people who have been using electric cars, bikes, scooters, trucks, and SUVs for years!

Expected vehicles include:

AC Propulsion EVs
Corbin Sparrow EVs
Chevy S-10 Truck EV
Ford Ranger Truck EV
Toyota RAV4-EV
Conversion EVs
Electric bikes, scooters, and motorcycles
... and many others

Web Link

Posted by Edward Roberts
on Sep 7, 2008 at 9:27 am

scary

i saw those cars, trucks, and freaky little coffins yesterday. I would not risk my life in one of those plastic, fiberglass things for nothing. I do not care, my micro tiny contribution to saving the planet as compared to getting hit by some crazy Page Mill Mario Andrettii it is simply not worth trading my life for some Al Gore fantasy. Before all you greenies jump on me I don't care if gas was 32.00 a gallon the answer is still NO way to those little cars!

Posted by Left of Boom
on Sep 7, 2008 at 10:25 am

Left of Boom is a registered user.

My electric bike does 17mph and can do 20 miles on a charge. It's good enough for around town even on these hot days.

Posted by Bike
a resident of College Terrace
on Sep 7, 2008 at 11:40 am

I thought the point of riding a bike was to get exercise for your health while being green.

If you do not care about your health, why not just go around in an electric wheel chair?

Posted by Left of Boom
on Sep 7, 2008 at 11:53 am

Left of Boom is a registered user.

Palo Altans may view a bicycling as an exercise but most of the rest of the world view a bicycle as a means of transportation. I use my bicycles to get places and I don't wear spandex or lycra either. My commuter bikes have fenders for winter riding and racks to carry things. The point of an electric bicycle is to replace CAR trips not exercise rides in the hills.

Posted by OhlonePar
on Sep 7, 2008 at 4:31 pm

I thought most of the little electric cars had maximum speed limits so that they couldn't go on roads like Page Mill. I know of a family that has one as their second car and it's worked really well--grocery shopping, kid pick-up, that kind of thing.

Posted by Electric Car Guy
a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Sep 7, 2008 at 7:23 pm

I think this is the electric car in question Web Link

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis
on Sep 8, 2008 at 2:46 am

Walter_E_Wallis is a registered user.

I believe that electrics as special use have a place. In those uses they will do all right on merit without privilege or compulsion.