Van Bragt arraignment continued to next week

Original post made on May 7, 2008

Herman "Tim" van Bragt, 46, who has been charged in the stabbing death of his mother's gentleman friend in Palo Alto, had his arraignment continued this morning to next week in Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, May 6, 2008, 10:47 AM

Posted by Cia
on May 7, 2008 at 12:19 am

That Lady Sharon took Him down to Palo Alto, even knowing he where not taking his medications. He disappear from me since March 3rd I am his girlfriend for 7 Years,I didn't know Sharon where living with my boyfriend for, I don't know how long and I don't know her either I love Herman my boyfriend very much ,He is grieving his father , I was trying to support him with the Grief Recovery and working on my on Grief Recovery after my 22 year son die , plus Herman where with out sleep for two nights so stressed, that was what I read... and he suffers of bipolar disease .Sharon sow him very sick Day's and hours before the incident ,she sure not live him alone in the mother house,now I don't know for how long more he will have to live through all that he is living right now. My boyfriend need to be and a Hospital, he is very sick,He needs a lot of help

Posted by a community member
a resident of Atherton
on May 8, 2008 at 3:22 pm

sounnd like you need help too...

Posted by Leslie Simmons
on May 12, 2008 at 7:51 am

I have know Tim Van bragt (Herman Van bragt) for almost 30 years... I am a family member. Maria is a very sweet woman who loves Tim with all of her heart and she was judged by a comment left from Atherton (sounds like she needs help too) very unfortunate to read just a shallow comment, from someone that doesn't know her at all. Tim did not get along with his mother, saw many fights with them...she would agitate him quite often. This is an extremely sad situation of a son whom was in denial of his fathers (Herman Van brat Sr.) illness and was completly devistated after his death. He should of never been brought down to Palo Alto and then left alone...I would relate this to leaving a house with small children left alone playing with matches. My prayers are left with the living...Bob is at peace...he was a very nice quite man...that I enjoyed meeting and talking with him

I recommend that Atherton reads "Footprints"!!!!

Posted by a resident of palo alto
on Jun 2, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Did Bob have any family?

Posted by ROBIN MOY
on Jul 1, 2008 at 4:49 pm

I HAVE KNOWN TIM VAN BRAGT SINCE WE BOTH WERE 16 YEARS OLD. I AM HIS STEP SISTER. NY STEP BROTHER WAS VERY CLOSE TO HIS FATHER. THEY WERE NOT ONLY FATHER AND SON THEY WERE BEST FRIENDS. TIM HAD SEVERE MENTAL PROBLEMS FROM WAY BACK WHEN WE WERE TEENAGERS. HIS MENTAL PROBLEMS HAD BEEN CONTROLLED BY MUCH NEEDED MEDICATION FOR YEARS. WHEN TIM'S FATHER, MY STEPDAD, FOR THE LAST 28 YEARS PASSED AWAY IT WAS VERY HARD ON EVERYONE THAT WAS CLOSE TO HIM. TIM LOST HIS BEST FRIEND AND HIS FATHER AND HE COULDN'T HANDLE IT. HE STOPPED HIS MEDICATIONS AND UNFORTUNATELY HE COULD NO LONGER THINK RATIONALLY. TIMS MOM ADDED TO ALOT OF TIMS MENTAL PROBLEMS. THERE WERE TIMES WHEN HE LOST IT JUST BY BEING AROUND HER. HE CONFIDED THIS TO ME ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT OCCASIONS. ITS A VERY SAD SITUATION. WE ALL SAW THAT SOMETHING BAD WAS GOING TO HAPPEN BUT NOONE WOULD LISTEN. WE CALLED THE AUTHORITIES BUT THEY TALKED TO TIM AND LET HIM GO. TIM IS A VERY BRIGHT, INTELLIGENT, CHARMING MAN WHOS LIFE IS BASICALLY OVER. SOMEONE INNOCENT TO KNOWING HOW SERIOUS HIS CONDITION WAS UNFORTUNANTELY DIED. MY HEART GOES OUT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED.

Posted by Maria
on Jul 2, 2008 at 6:55 pm

I agree with all that Robin, Herman is just one more VICTIM!, of everything around him, they're destroying all his life and close to him people lives too, plus, everyone who knows him, knows about his Bipolar disease