CHP to assist East Palo Alto police

Original post made on Apr 25, 2008

Five California Highway Patrol officers will begin working today in assisting East Palo Alto police in a crime-reduction effort called Operation Impact.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, April 25, 2008, 2:13 PM

Posted by jill, a resident of Midtown
on Apr 25, 2008 at 2:54 pm

I have sympathy for the CHIPs facing the firepower of these violent gangsters, I hope they have automatic weapons and the best bullet proof shields.
I also hope this crack down does not drive these wolves to prey on the sheep on this side of 101- but that seems to be happening unfortunately- what is the PAPD strategy?
Oh I forgot they are working on the Children s Theater Great Train Robbery

Never Mind!

Posted by Maria, a resident of another community
on Apr 25, 2008 at 4:21 pm

what is the PAPD strategy?

PAPD has a strategy?

I don't see how the autoclub with guns will help anything?

You need the terminator/governor with the National Gurard to show-up.

Oh they are in Iraq - never mind.

Posted by steve, a resident of Duveneck/St. Francis
on Apr 25, 2008 at 4:26 pm

I thought the PAPD was a group of Social Workers with guns

have I been misinformed?

Posted by john, a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Apr 25, 2008 at 7:37 pm

It is funny how everyone downs the police, but yet the police are the first ones you call for help. If you are going to critize them, why don't you respond to everyones calls for help for a day and tell me how it goes.

Posted by Que Pasa!!, a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 25, 2008 at 8:51 pm

I totally support the Chief's decisions so far. He is taking a tough stance and making the tough decisions necessary to overcome a very dire set of circumstances. I sincerely wish peace for all residents of EPA.

Posted by helloThere, a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 26, 2008 at 9:33 am

you couldn't have said it better... let's hope and have faith that we shall over come the violence... it is a lot better from 3 to 4 years ago...

Posted by TL, a resident of another community
on Apr 27, 2008 at 7:40 am

Several years ago several mid-peninsula cities including PA and the CHP loaned EPA police help for a short time. It worked crime was reduced for awhile then the additional police were withdrawn and slowly crime increased. This solution cost the budgets of the cities involved too much money and was never repeated.

Posted by Mike, a resident of Atherton
on Apr 29, 2008 at 12:17 pm

As a business owner in EPA I'm happy about the added police support - however I do have to say, for those of you who don't spend much time there, EPA isn't actually a very scary place. True, you see a banger (gang member) every now and again, but I am rarely, if ever, actually scared. As for the PAPD they are a load of crap and we all know it. I would never elevate them to "social worker" - they're not worthy. And just for the record, the Police are NEVER the first people I call for help, especially if I know it's going to be the PAPD responding.
thx - mike.

Posted by Mike, a resident of Atherton
on Apr 29, 2008 at 12:17 pm

thx - mike.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.