Paly student accosted by man on street

Original post made on Apr 24, 2008

A female Palo Alto High School student was approached and grabbed by a man outside the school on El Camino Real at 7 a.m. today, according to school officials.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, April 24, 2008, 11:32 AM

Posted by Paly Parent, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Apr 24, 2008 at 11:50 am

A report of this has already been emailed out to parents.

I hope that this guy is caught soon.

Posted by Ed, a resident of Downtown North
on Apr 24, 2008 at 11:56 am

Check the OC

Posted by Big Al, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Apr 24, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Ed- get a life!

Posted by just thinkin, a resident of South of Midtown
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Actually Ed needs a compass - the OC is NORTH of, not east down Churchill.

Posted by Ada, a resident of Midtown
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Self defense should be made mandatory class in all schools starting from elementary. Drop home economics and replace it with self defense, if additional funding is a problem

Posted by jill, a resident of Midtown
on Apr 24, 2008 at 4:18 pm

It is past time to install CCTVs around Palo Alto, first near schools, then around midtown where there has been a number of armed robberies

Posted by Paly Alum 76, a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Apr 24, 2008 at 5:46 pm

These kinds of things have ALWAYS happened here ever since I went to high school here. I could write several pages of incidents, and have my old girl friends add their personal experiences.

These reports would makes you cringe.

My girlfriends and I just never told anyone, not even our parents.

This was back in the 70's in Palo Alto.

And in all fairness, men (no matter what ethnicity) who were teachers, physicians, junior college instructors, and Stanford Professors, are not exempt.

Lots of things happened to girls who were minors around here.

We just never told anyone.

Some of the offenders still live in this area.

They must live out the rest of their lives knowing what they did to young girls around here.

Physicians are especially dangerous, because their powerful weapons are drugs.
Not giving them to girls, but putting them in food and coffee.

I am glad that laws are now in place to protect our daughters, and hopefully parents welcome and encourage open-ness.

I am glad that there are more women in medicine, higher education, and law to protect our daughters.

I am glad that girls can now report things like this and be taken seriously.

Posted by Danny, a resident of Crescent Park
on Apr 24, 2008 at 7:10 pm

Ada - I couldn't agree with you more. Learning self-defense is far more valuable than many subjects they currently teach in high school.

Posted by Jack, a resident of Fairmeadow
on Apr 24, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Paly Alum 76,

"Physicians are especially dangerous, because their powerful weapons are drugs.
Not giving them to girls, but putting them in food and coffee"

If you are going to make that accusation, then you need to provide the proof. No more stories, just proof. Ball in your court.

Posted by Paly Alum 76, a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Apr 24, 2008 at 7:50 pm

Yeah! I would LOVE to bring this guy down right here!

He is still at Stanford, and when his son reaches 18 I can't wait to tell him what his dad did to me and others.

DONE

Posted by Jack, a resident of Fairmeadow
on Apr 24, 2008 at 8:04 pm

Paly Alum 76,

No, not done. If "this guy" did this, then bring the case. You seem to have a case against many more men, too.

So easy to make that charge, especially before the Duke rape case fiasco.

Make your case. Otherwise, retract, and apologize.

Posted by KT, a resident of Midtown
on Apr 25, 2008 at 10:01 pm

I think hiding what someone has done to you is such a horrible idea. Get it out. My God, you are hurting so many other girls and women by keeping this secret. Get it out or tell us that you were just making it up. I have noticed that much more than any other place in the world I have been sexually harrassed here in this place more than ever. You really put doctors in a category like all male doctors will drug our youngins and rape our children. That really isn't fair. I think that you need to say...those doctors who do have a problem with abusing children have more access to drugs that they can use in their favor....not all doctors use drugs to rape and molest children...that is a little much.

Posted by PA Resident, a resident of Old Palo Alto
on Apr 25, 2008 at 10:57 pm

We have always chosen women physicians for our daughters.
Our girls feel much more comfortable seeing a woman physician.
My wife and mother-in-law only see women physicians.
I am glad that more women have been accepted into the field of medicine. I believe that a lot of things probably did happen in the past which were not made open. It is good that women and children feel open enough in this day and age to know that they will be believed and taken seriously. I am glad that this student was able to get away unharmed, and was able to report it to school officials without fear of not being believed.
There are certainly more women on the police force, in law, and in medicine to be there to support our daughters.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.