Al Gore: New thinking on the climate crisis

Original post made by Mike, College Terrace, on Apr 8, 2008

Web Link

We have to ratchet up citizen participation and policy making, to meet the challenges of global warming.

Posted by ten18
on Apr 8, 2008 at 10:36 pm

It's all such demagoguery, a new religion disguised as scientific "fact," with Al Gore the high priest. All designed to drain our pockets and control our lives. It's all unraveling even as he presents his "new thinking." Won't he just go away? Or better yet, focus on some real problems for a change. Carbon dioxide is not our enemy.

Posted by Walter E. Wallis
on Apr 9, 2008 at 7:42 am

If Al were sincere, he would live it, not buy it. His profits from the sales of indulgences give the lie to his mesaianic protestations. His equating denial of a prediction with denial of an historic occurance is one more example of the bankruptcy of warmies.

Posted by Paul
a resident of Downtown North
on Apr 9, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Aw, sour grapes, guys. This isn't about science, it's about Al Gore, the most respected American on the planet. Face it and get over it.

Posted by Walter E. Wallis
on Apr 9, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Elvis was respected. Paul, you drive your ducks to a poor market. You are right, however, when you say it isn't about science. It is about freedom, and right now Mr. Tipper and his syncopates are the biggest threat to personal freedom on earth.

Posted by Paul
a resident of Downtown North
on Apr 9, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Oh yes, Elvis. Most people have admitted he died, were born since he did and didn't get into the Elvis lives crowd, or have passed on themselves. Don't get me wrong now - stick around.

Regarding the threat to personal freedom, you've confused Gore with his polar opposite Bush, the most disrespected American on the planet. (Heard any strange clicks on your phone lately? You don't expect to need a habeas corpus anytime soon, do you?) But Bush has said global warming is for real, so what/who are we to believe?

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:57 am

I believe anyone when he is telling the truth, and I make my determination based on my education, training and work in the physical sciences. When someone expresses an opinion, I evaluate that opinion in the same way. Bush is wrong about warming, and wrong to allow personal freedom to be abridged because of the Malthusian theories of LibLudds. Since I have no plans to make war against the United States, my habeas corpus in not in danger. When I want to keep a secret, I do not broadcast it and then demand that no one listen.

Posted by Paul
a resident of Downtown North
on Apr 10, 2008 at 10:01 am

Please be careful Walter - it gets hot at Gitmo, Al Gore notwithstanding.

Posted by Walter E. Wallis
on Apr 10, 2008 at 9:33 pm

Paul overdrives his headlights most of the time.

Posted by The Real Perspective
on Apr 12, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Agree with you, Walter. Bush shouldn't have pandered to the left on the anthropogenic warming issue. I was very disappointed. He sold real science down the river. I can only assume he is exhausted, and/or trying to soften the way for McCain. ( hold my nose)