allergies just kicked in

Original post made by robin on Mar 14, 2008

Last year for the first time I developed allergies that last for about a month March/April. Again on Wednesday I woke with with puffy eyes, stuffy nose, sneezing, etc. The symptoms seem to come on quite suddenly and I'm wondering if anyone knows what just started blooming or has any ideas as to what I might be allergic to? Just wondering what to try and stay away from...

Posted by Danny, a resident of Crescent Park
on Mar 14, 2008 at 11:40 am

My allergies are worse now than they've ever been in the past. Whatever it is in the air, it's causing wicked problems for those of us who like to breathe without sneezing. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I get the feeling that this is tied to the rapid degradation of air quality in recent years.

Posted by Resident, a resident of Palo Verde
on Mar 14, 2008 at 11:45 am

I am not an allergy sufferer, except for fragrances in detergents (I sneeze as soon as I get to the detergent aisle), but I have noticed myself sneezing a great deal lately while outside and I blame it on the fact that the sidewalks in this neighborhood are being dug up and repaved in places all over the place at the same time and I think the dust is what is annoying me.

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis, a resident of Midtown
on Mar 14, 2008 at 12:10 pm

The APCA has the legal authority to regulate at least nonnative plants that agravate allergies. I assume the reason they do not is that attacking cars and industry is more pC. There's a good one for your local busy body.

Posted by Katja, a resident of Barron Park
on Mar 14, 2008 at 12:31 pm

Right now it's the trees that are blooming. My son has it bad right now, too. He's also allergic to mustard plant, which is blooming now. Weeds are later in the season.

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis, a resident of Midtown
on Mar 14, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Posted by JSD, a resident of Palo Verde
on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:08 pm

As Katja said, it's the trees right now. Juniper is especially bad (that's what gets my son the worst each Feb/March). The good news (for some, anyway) is that Zyrtec is now available OTC.

Achoo!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.