Daltons were good neighbors, resident says

Original post made on Jul 18, 2007

Neither alcohol nor drug use was apparent at the Dalton house Monday night, where two brothers fought and one was fatally stabbed, Palo Alto police Sgt. Sandra Brown said today. Now there is only grief.

Read the full story here Web Link

Posted by Neighborhood Watcher
on Jul 18, 2007 at 8:21 am

James Dalton is a registered sex offender in Palo Alto.
His photo is at:
Web Link

Posted by Elizabeth
on Jul 18, 2007 at 9:17 am

Our hearts go out to Mrs. Dalton.

Posted by Karen
a resident of Los Altos
on Jul 18, 2007 at 11:15 am

I was friends with their daughter way back when , I feel so sad for them! My heart goes out to all of you.

Posted by Corcoran Family
on Jul 18, 2007 at 3:20 pm

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Dalton Family. Our memories are from Our Lady of the Rosary School and the fun times we had together as kids. No human rational can answer why. We pray that there can be some healing and peace from this tragedy.

Posted by girlfriend
a resident of Gunn High School
on Jul 18, 2007 at 6:05 pm

I remember John Dalton as the first guy who ever asked me to dance at a Gunn High School dance, the summer before sophomore year. His ex-girlfriend stood by and snickered with her friends but I didn't care. He was very good-looking and kind and I bet he remained so.

My heart goes out to his mother, other siblings and his extended family.

Shame on you who judge 'people in their 50's living with their mother'. So what? Once upon a time, multi-generational living was the norm. People looking after family members is a bad thing?

Posted by friend
on Jul 18, 2007 at 8:31 pm

He did remain so, and such a good friend. We used to work together and he was always in high spirits no matter what was going on. John always had an ear to listen to, and boy could he play the hermonica. I will miss you buddy, I was thinking of you last week when I saw a truck like yours drive by in SC..... Peace to you and your family and friends.

Posted by Kathy Roddy
on Jul 22, 2007 at 6:19 pm

I am so sorry. I was in John's class at Our Lady of the Rosary, and I remember him vividly. I can see his face as though it were yesterday. He was a fine person. I will pray for all the family during this time of terrible grief.

Kathy Roddy

Posted by high school friend
on Jul 27, 2007 at 10:12 pm

Jimmy has had mental problems since senior year. This is a sad ending to a long problem