Big Foot Siting At Foothills Park

Original post made by Bobby, Green Acres, on Apr 10, 2007

Just went for a short run up at Foothills Park, on the Los Trancos Trail,
and was returning when I heard a rustle in the manzanita brush, looked behind
me expecting to see a deer and instead saw a large hairy figure, sort of like
Chewie from star wars, who was heading in the opposite direction, apparently
unconcerned about me...could this be bigfoot? are the gorillas around here?
has anybody else seen this creature?

Posted by Skeptic
on Apr 11, 2007 at 12:47 am

Bah! Don't mind that -- most likely, the Easter Bunny wasn't feeling well and asked Sasquatch to cover for her over the weekend.

Either that, or that darn Palo Alto Caterpiller Borg finally discovered teamwork, in which case, we have already lost.

Resistance is futile... you will be assimited!

Posted by Bobby
a resident of Green Acres
on Apr 11, 2007 at 7:57 am

Sounds like you are in doubt as to the accuracy of my posting about seeing bifgoot...
well, i am heading up there today, with a camera, and i intend to prove to the world once
and for all that bigfoot is alive and well. Doubters we ware, my eyes don't fool me. I will post my pictures along with my written report. My goal is to have Bigfoot warning signs along with the signs for mountain lions, assuming the lions have not decided to attack sasquatch (as you call him).

Posted by Phil Lanthrop
a resident of Community Center
on Apr 11, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Hey folks, I am little worried about Bobby....he should have been back by now.....how long should we wait until we go and look for him....

Posted by Bobby
a resident of Green Acres
on Apr 11, 2007 at 4:34 pm

It's okay Phil, I made it back, relatively unscathed except for a little poiosn oak. You need not worry anymore, although I appreciate your concern. I did manage to make contact with Bigfoot again, and was even able to chat with him for aprox. 15 minutes, before he got nervous and fled. He asked me to not take any photos because it attracts lots of media attention, and thus places him on the run again. He was upset that I notified the people on paloaltoonline, although he understands that we are very interested in his whereabouts and if he exists and so on. It was really a very elightening conversation. I learned a lot from The Foot (thats what I call him now), and hope to continue doing so, until he moves on to another region of this beautiful country. While he mainly resides in Foothills Park, he says that he also frequents several of the peninsula regional open space parks, from Santa Cruz to San Mateo. He likes Foothill because it is usually quiet during the week, and because it's such a "beautiful place to be." Anyways, don't expect to see any photos, cause I am going to honor his simple request. I will not report anymore of my findings, which is also another request that I will honor. Also, he asked that you not come looking for him, because he will not make himself available to other members of the community. I feel so lucky to have met The Foot, but I would hate for any harm to befall him on my account. Also, he can get angry, and has claimed to use force when provoked. That is all. Thanks again for your concern. Signing off, this is Bobby from Greenmeadows.

Posted by DUI
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Apr 11, 2007 at 5:14 pm

You may need a blood alchohol level test.

Posted by Bobby
a resident of Green Acres
on Apr 11, 2007 at 8:10 pm

Test me test me
Why don't you arrest me
Throw me in the jailhouse
Throw away the key

As long as bigfoot remains free, it's okay by me!

Posted by Babs
on Apr 11, 2007 at 8:33 pm

I'm a friendly ape-lover, and I'd love to befriend Big Foot. I'm going to take a bunch of bananas up to the park tomorrow and see if Big Foot likes them. Wish me luck!

Posted by Bobby
a resident of Community Center
on Apr 11, 2007 at 9:26 pm

Babs, please be catious. I think it's a geat idea, only because he prefers the opposite gender.
He only talked with me because I had something he wanted, which I can't reveal here. I do know that he likes to eat, and the food supply at the park is not that great, a few toyon berries, caterpillars, beetles....gets old after awhile. I am sure that he will appreciate your enthusiasm and female "spirit" but please know that he's been abstinent for some time and, well, lets just say that apes will be apes, if you catch my drift. Nevertheless, sounds good. I can't lay claim to this freindly beast. He is an american treasure, and may not be here in palo alto for long. George, he did not say where he learned to speak English, although he did
mention that he is fluent in over eight languages, although i don't know which ones. I think he grew up in the northwest somewhere. I am thrilled that you appreciate my writing skills, but I must say that I am not directly related the that philanthropist you mentioned....

Posted by George
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Apr 12, 2007 at 1:59 am

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by Bobbu
a resident of Green Acres
on Apr 12, 2007 at 9:43 am

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by DUI
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Apr 12, 2007 at 10:34 am

Bobby,
While you were dealing with Big Foot, I had a gala time with small foot. I did my thing. She was pretty you know. She loves bananas too.
Forget the arrest about DUI. Lets do it again.

Posted by Andrew L. Freedman
a resident of College Terrace
on Apr 12, 2007 at 12:31 pm

Hmmmmmmm. The "Foot" at Foothills Park. This certainly sounds like a good story. A lot less exausting than the recent news on TV.

I know the Los Trancos Trail - used to run it all the time. While the most I've seen were lizzards, it is such a magical trail that I cannot discount Bobby's story.

Andrew L. Freedman
Original Herbert Hoover Grad ('68) and still living in P.A.

Posted by Andrew L. Freedman
a resident of College Terrace
on Apr 12, 2007 at 12:40 pm

Oooops! I forgot to spell check. I hope none of my Hoover, Wilbur, Cub or Gunn Teachers see that last post.

Andy

Posted by anon.
a resident of Community Center
on Apr 12, 2007 at 12:45 pm

No need to worry, they all moved to southern oregon by now.

Posted by OMG PA
on Apr 13, 2007 at 2:58 pm

O.M.G. P.A.

Posted by Bobby
a resident of Green Acres
on Apr 13, 2007 at 9:02 pm

DUI, got your message. Glad to know that you were able to do your thing with small.
Wanted to let you know that while small foot may like your banana(s), apparently The Foot doesn't like them. He prefers Peet's coffee and some of those cigarettes from Humbolt content- there it is- I've said enough, probably too much.