When will the new Whole Foods on El Camino open??

Original post made by Louise on Aug 25, 2006

Anyone have any idea? It's been under construction for more than a year now!

Posted by J.Johnson, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Aug 25, 2006 at 11:13 pm

Hopefully never.

Web Link

Posted by Hip to be Square, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Aug 26, 2006 at 12:59 pm

Now that's not really nice, is it?

Posted by Hip to be Honest, a resident of Los Altos
on Aug 26, 2006 at 4:05 pm

Oh oh..the 'nice' police are out there. Naughty naughty, they caught someone telling the truth.

Shame on you JJ, for not wanting to pay twice as much for groceries as at other markets. Don't you realize your yuppy status is assured when you pay extra?

Note to Louise: why don't you ask Whole Foods?

Posted by Kathy, a resident of Greenmeadow
on Aug 26, 2006 at 6:39 pm

According to David at the Palo Alto Whole Foods, it will open on September 13.

Posted by HippieDippie, a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Aug 27, 2006 at 7:55 am

JJon and HtbSq, No one forces you to shop at Whole Foods, or anywhere else. If you think they're overpriced, or just a status symbol for yuppies, stay away. Can't you live and let live? After all, I don't see all those Whole Foods yuppies trying to keep you out of Safeway, Trader Joes, or whereever it is that you shop - or criticizing your choice to do so.

Don't you think it's a GOOD thing when people have choices about where to shop?

Posted by Hip to be Honest, a resident of Los Altos
on Aug 27, 2006 at 11:47 am

Who said anything about forcing people to do anything?

Posted by Good and Natural, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Aug 27, 2006 at 1:13 pm

Whole Foods is not any more expensive as some other markets in the region. Inn general, certain staples cost more, but I've found many bargains when I shop there, which is only occasionally.

Posted by Mountain View shopper, a resident of Barron Park
on Aug 27, 2006 at 1:25 pm

Whenever it will open I will be there--I am glad that there will be another store on the border with Palo Alto, that I, a Palo Alto resident can shop at so that my tax dollars will not go to Palo Alto.
I am sick and tired of the NIMBYism and the "it will generate too mcuh traffic" arguments used in Palo Alto to delay all major projects.
Until this attitude chganges I will shop in Mountain View.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

Palo Alto quietly gets new evening food truck market

See Me. Hear Me. Donít Fix Me.

Foothills Park: a world away
By Sally Torbey | 13 comments | 1,706 views

Universal Language
By Cheryl Bac | 3 comments | 1,421 views

Two Days to Save This Dog?
By Cathy Kirkman | 10 comments | 680 views