from the Palo Alto Weekly and the Palo Alto Online staff
Cardinal golfers falter on the final day of regional play
Saturday's Stanford roundup
The Stanford men's golf team faltered on the final day of the NCAA Columbus Regional and failed to qualify for the national championship tournament.
(Saturday, 10:18 PM)
Stanford takes series opener from Cal
Mark Appel tied Stanford's career strikeout record, Wayne Taylor hit two home runs, and the Stanford baseball team held off host California, 9-8, in a Pac-12 Conference game Friday night. (Saturday, 12:25 AM)
M-A hires a new girls' water polo coach
Of local note
JLS wrestlers win another title
Former St. Ignatius head coach Paul Felton will be the new girls water polo coach at Menlo-Atherton High, replacing veteran Chris Rubin. (Friday, 12:09 PM)
Palo Alto, Menlo School, SHP head into the quarterfinals
2013 CCS Baseball Playoffs
Mitty (18-11) vs. San Benito (22-6) at Hartnell College, 11 a.m.
Homestead (18-13) vs. Serra (25-6) at Sacred Heart Prep, 11 a.m.
Palo Alto (17-15) at Bellarmine (25-6) , 2 p.m.
Valley Christian (18-11) at St. Francis (26-4), 11 a.m.
(Friday, 10:17 AM)
Dillon hopes to wrap up career with NCAA wins
Natalie Dillon was determined to attend Stanford University since she first laid eyes on the place at age five. Playing tennis for the 12th-ranked Cardinal was another story in itself. (Thursday, 3:29 PM)
Plenty of motivation to chase CCS berths at track semis
CCS track & field leaders
For some, the semifinals of the Central Coast Section Track and Field Championships is just a mere stepping stone to the finals. For others, it's a much different story. (Thursday, 5:03 PM)
Stanford softball all set to open NCAA regional action
Sophomore Cassandra Roulund is one of six Stanford softball players with a batting average over .300. The 13th-ranked Cardinal (37-19) hits .302 as a team. Stanford's rate of success will be tested when it meets Tulsa (42-14) on Friday in the first round of the double-elimination Lincoln Regional of the NCAA Tournament. (Thursday, 3:43 PM)
Stanford softball players earn All-West Region honors
Stanford sophomores Leah White and Hanna Winter, along with freshman Kayla Bonstrom, were named to the Louisville Slugger All-West Region second team as announced by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association on Thursday. (Thursday, 11:40 AM)
Paly, Menlo and SHP all win CCS baseball openers
Palo Alto, Menlo School and Sacred Heart Prep all advanced in the Central Coast Section baseball playoffs on Wednesday, but Menlo-Atherton couldn't make it a clean sweep while suffering a season-ending loss. (Thursday, 8:49 AM)
Ipsen earns diving berth in World Championships
Cardinal softball has 10 on All-Pac-12
Stanford sophomore Kristian Ipsen was one of four divers to punch their ticket to Barcelona for the 2013 FINA World Championships, as spots on the 1-meter were up for grabs Wednesday on the first day of the World Championships Trials in Tallahassee, Fla. (Wednesday, 4:53 PM)
• Ryan Hall makes his debut in the 103rd Bay to Breakers (Wednesday, 10:59 AM)
• Bay Area Senior Games wrap up this weekend (Wednesday, 10:01 AM)
• Stanford baseball drops its sixth straight, 3-0 to SCU (Wednesday, 8:42 AM)
• Road to CCS title games will be a rough one (Tuesday, 1:34 PM)
• Madsen makes jump to Lakers' D League team (Tuesday, 10:52 AM)
• Gunn's Lee pins down another national wrestling title (Tuesday, 10:20 AM)
• Local rowers win gold medals, head to junior championships (Tuesday, 9:36 AM)
• Bonstrom earns Pac-12 Player of the Week honor (Monday, 6:03 PM)
• SHP boys, Menlo girls win WBAL championships (Monday, 9:42 AM)
• M-A boys defend, SHP girls end Menlo's title run (Monday, 8:39 AM)
• Carter doubles her fun at Pac-12 track and field finals (Sunday, 11:50 PM)
• Longest water polo game in NCAA tourney history doesn't end well for Stanford (Sunday, 11:34 PM)
• Howe, Liang just miss big swim records at CCS championships (Saturday, May 11, 2013, 8:21 PM)
• Menlo boys wrap up another CCS tennis title (Friday, May 10, 2013, 6:57 PM)
• Bain repeats as Pac-12 javelin champion (Sunday, 1:13 PM)
Recent headlines from Palo Alto Online Have a suggestion for a story? Send it to us!
Subscribe to Palo Alto Online News RSS