* A temporary library will be set up at the Palo Alto Art Center auditorium, 1315 Newell Road, on May 3. It will include best-sellers and nonfiction books and it will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays; and 1 to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
* The Art Center space will include six public-access computers and 20 seats. It is intended as a pickup point for books on hold and a place to browse magazines, rather than a spot to access a large collection of books.
* The Downtown Library will now be open on Mondays. Its Thursday hours will be extended to 8 p.m.
* The College Terrace Library, which is currently closed on Thursdays, will now be open on Thursdays from noon to 6 p.m.
* The temporary Mitchell Park Library will allow users to request books from other library systems through the Link+ system.