* Remove excess vegetation
* Change outdoor pet bowls and bird baths regularly
* Destroy or dispose of tin cans, old tires, buckets, plastic sheeting or other containers that collect and hold water
* Fill or drain puddles, ditches and swampy areas
* Remove, drain or fill tree holes and stumps with mortar
* Eliminate seepage from cisterns, cesspools and septic tanks
* Take care not to over-irrigate lawns.
To obtain mosquito fish and assistance, residents can call the district at 408-914-4770/800-675-1155 or enter a request for services at www.sccgov.org (search for "mosquito abatement").
This story contains 101 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.