* Cover containers (so mosquitoes cannot enter to lay eggs)
* Remove excess vegetation
* Change outdoor pet bowls and bird baths regularly
* Destroy or dispose of tin cans, old tires, buckets, plastic sheeting or other containers that collect and hold water
* Fill or drain puddles, ditches and swampy areas
* Remove, drain or fill tree holes and stumps with mortar
* Eliminate seepage from cisterns, cesspools and septic tanks
* Take care not to over-irrigate lawns.
To obtain mosquito fish and assistance, residents can call the district at 408-914-4770/800-675-1155 or enter a request for services at www.sccgov.org (search for "mosquito abatement").