|To prepare for the budgeting process, the City of Palo Alto has announced maintenance and improvement projects planned for July 2007 to June 2008.
Some of the projects and their associated costs include:
• Remodeling the kitchen, dayroom and training room in the fire station on the Stanford campus -- $60,000
• Updating the electrical and mechanical systems at Cubberley Community Center -- $1.325 million
• Improving the electrical and lighting systems at the Municipal Service Center -- $1.05 million
• Design and review of the proposed police headquarters at Page Mill Road and Park Boulevard -- $600,000
• Replacing fencing and fixing dugout and parking at Baylands Athletic Complex -- $580,000
• Restoring roadways and parking in Foothills Park -- $525,000
• Completing Greer Park by installing landscaping, pathways and furnishings -- $400,000
• Renovating playground equipment and other portions of Peers Park -- $444,000
• Repairing and resurfacing tennis and basketball courts throughout the city -- $425,000
• Sprucing up California Avenue -- $175,000
-- Becky Trout
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.