Regret me not

Humor site Regretsy lampoons, celebrates odd Etsy finds

From embroidered toilet paper to "Christmas nativity meerkats," Etsy.com is full of intriguing items. Some such creations, deemed worthy of extra attention, show up on Regretsy www.regretsy.com , a blog that pokes fun at Etsy's offerings and has taken on a life of its own.

This story contains 652 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Comments

Posted by Elayne Boosler
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Regretsy is the funniest book guaranteed to make you laugh. April Winchell does amazing charity work with her Regretsy auctions. She just helped my Tails of Joy save scores of animals with a Regretsy purse auction. So, laughs and charity, what better reason to support Regretsy?
Elayne Boosler
comedian/President, Tails of Joy
www.tailsofjoy.net

Posted by Skully
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Together we warm.

Posted by Clay
a resident of Palo Alto Orchards
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Love the site, can't wait for the book!

Posted by Jennifer Moore
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I don't sell on Etsy any longer, but I'm friends with quite a few sellers there, and I still purchase there.

Regretsy is a really great site. April (Helen's) sense of humor is just amazing. I cannot look at a Regretsy post without laughing my butt off.

So happy she is using the proceeds for charity! WTG, and thank you for an aweseome web site!

Posted by stretch65
on Mar 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm

See you at the Booksigning April 6.
Also a dream come true - Im on top of Elaine Boosler!!!

YEAH BOI!!

Posted by MissMary
a resident of College Terrace
on Mar 26, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I love this website, and Helen Killer is so charitable. Snarky and awesomesauce is what makes Regretsy so so utterly wicked awesome. Wicked wicked awesome.

Posted by Eternalgreenknight
on Mar 26, 2010 at 5:39 pm

I love regretsy, it's so whimsicle it will blow your mind- seriously!! Say what?

Posted by valevortex
a resident of Atherton
on Mar 26, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I am valevortex, I sell on etsy with this name.
I have to be the bigest seller of all the sellers that been on this website.
Last fall, i sold 12 big oil paintings, i have to say that it was because of regretsy.
It is awesome, thank you.

valevortex.etsy.com

Posted by nitebyrd
on Mar 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm

When life becomes too hard to bear, visit Regretsy. You'll forget why you were so miserable and wonder why you're now laughing like a lunatic and buying weird stuff!

Posted by Kym @ Crafty Is The New Black
on Apr 1, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I am so excited to say that I am local (Saratoga) and one of my creations (Vasectomy Vern) is featured in the Regretsy Book!!!! Some crafters take "issue" with Regretsy but I think it is about the funniest d*mn website I have ever read and April does a lot of really good work with the proceeds from the site. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the book. I hope Vern doesn't go "all hollywood" on me.

Check out Vasectomy Vern and all his other adult themed BooBoo MOnster friends in my Etsy shop - Craftyisthenewblack

Posted by vale vortex
a resident of Adobe-Meadow
on Jul 7, 2013 at 10:43 pm

To be an artist

No art is created in order to hide it
The purpose of art is to create a different feeling
To wake up something in you
To open people’s eyes
To reveal the world fearless and naked
An artist sacrifices the most important things he possesses
The images from his dreams, mind and his life
He puts everything out there, in the open
In the hands of those who might destroy them
To take that chance, to risk your criticism
Is to be an artist Vale Vortex