A blaze caused by a faulty flue of a kitchen stove hit the Zibbibo Restaurant in downtown Palo Alto Saturday, causing local street closures.
Firefighters had to put out the fire from inside the building and from the rooftop.
A Menlo Park Fire Department crew got to the scene before the Palo Alto Fire Department because it had been transferring equipment between stations when the call was made, and it just kept rolling to the scene, according to Battalion Chief Tim Nigh.
This story contains 109 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.