Santa Clara and San Mateo County voters will be asked to decide on a host of races on Election Day Nov. 4.
Palo Alto voters will consider Measure N, the $76 million bond for improving Palo Alto libraries. And several candidates are competing for seats on the Menlo Park, East Palo Alto and Mountain View city councils.
Visit this special "Election 2008" page for stories and opinion pieces about the races, useful links to election-related resources and more.
• Branches debate has deep roots (Oct. 3, 2008)
• The battle for better libraries (Oct. 18, 2008)
• What N would buy (Oct. 18, 2008)
• Pennywise or pricey? A cost comparison (Oct. 18, 2008)
• Editorial: The Weekly recommends ... (Oct. 24, 2008)
• Guest Opinion: It's long past time to renew our libraries (Oct. 24, 2008)
• Editorial: Vote YES on Measure N for libraries in our lifetimes (Oct. 3, 2008)
• Editorial: EPA City Council needs new approach (Oct. 10, 2008)
• Guest Opinion: BART extension will benefit Palo Alto and Peninsula (Oct. 10, 2008)
• Editorial: Yes on A to rebuild Valley Medical Center (Oct. 17, 2008)