Palo Alto voters will be faced with two major races when election day arrives Nov. 6, 2007. Eleven candidates are vying for four seats on the Palo Alto City Council, and six candidates are seeking to fill three seats on the Palo Alto Unified School District Board of Education. Visit this special "Election 2007" page for current and past stories about the races, useful links to election-related resources and other documents about this year's election.
PALO ALTO CITY COUNCIL
• Pre-election buzz about the 'I' word (10/10/07)
• Palo Altans meet council candidates at forums (10/5/07)
• Finances, infrastructure and the city's future (10/2/07)
• Council candidates take the money -- and run (10/1/07)
• From handshakes to high-tech (9/12/07)
• Debbie Mytels drops from council race (8/29/07)
• Home stretch for Palo Alto City Council filing (8/10/07)
• Dykwel and Burt first into council race (6/1/07)
• Council favors campaign limits, but this year? (5/23/07)
• Council campaign off to slow start (5/9/07)
PALO ALTO BOARD OF EDUCATION
• 'C' is for campaign (10/16/07)
• Klausner leads school-board fundraising (10/3/07)
• Voters get first peek at school-board hopefuls (9/25/07)
• Four so far in Palo Alto school board race (6/22/07)
• Voters asked to approve new reservoir site (10/16/07)
• Race called off for two local elections (8/15/07)
• Palo Alto council accelerates broadband plan (7/10/07)
• Hotel tax increase to go before council July 9 (6/20/07)
• Coffee with school board candidate Wynn Hausser and City Council candidate Sid Espinosa. Hosted by Pat and Tom Sanders and Kate Hill, Barron Park. Wednesday, Oct. 17, 6-7:30 p.m. If you are interested in attending this private coffee, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• School board: All-Candidates Coffee. Sponsored by the Palo Alto Council of PTAs. Thursday, Oct. 18, 8:30-10 a.m., at Palo Alto High School.
• Old Palo Alto Neighborhood Coffee with City Council candidates. Thursday, Oct. 18, 8:30-10 a.m., 353 Lowell Ave. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Midtown Neighborhood Coffee with City Council candidates. Thursday, Oct. 18, 7-9 p.m., 241 Colorado Ave. RSVP to email@example.com.
• School board: All-Candidates Coffee. Sponsored by the Palo Alto Council of PTAs. Friday, Oct. 19, 8-9:30 a.m., at Nixon Elementary School, 1711 Stanford Ave.
• Crescent Park Coffee/Social with City Council candidates. Friday, Oct. 19, 5:30-7 p.m., at 1415 Hamilton Ave. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• School board: Candidates Coffee & Forum. Sponsored by Community Advisory Committee for Special Education. Monday, Oct. 22, 7:30-8:30 p.m., at PAUSD Board Room, 25 Churchill Ave.
• Library Foundation Candidates Forum with City Council candidates. Tuesday, Oct. 23, 7-9 p.m., at Mitchell Park Community Center.
• School board: All-Candidates Coffee. Sponsored by the Palo Alto Council of PTAs. Thursday, Oct. 25, 8-9:30 a.m., at Hoover Elementary School, 455 E. Charleston Road.
• School board: All-Candidates Forum. Sponsored by the Palo Alto Council of PTAs. Thursday, Oct. 25, 7-9 p.m., at Barron Park Elementary School, 800 Barron Ave.
• School board: All-Candidates Coffee. Sponsored by the Palo Alto Council of PTAs. Friday, Oct. 26, 8:30-9:30 a.m. at Jordan Middle School, 750 N. California Ave.
• School Board Candidates Forum, sponsored by PACE & the Silicon Valley Mom's Blog. Friday, Oct. 26, 7-9 p.m., Palo Alto Family YMCA on Ross Road.
• Pat Burt
• Tim Gray
Board of Education