An early morning one-alarm fire displaced five people today when a blaze ignited in the garage and extended into their home.
"It appears that the fire started in the dryer, either from lint build up or an electrical malfunction," Schapelhoumen said.
All of the home's electrical outlets are located in the garage, so the home is untenable, Schapelhoumen said. There is also smoke damage to the house.
The American Red Cross has found temporary housing for the residents until their home can be repaired.
The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in structural damage and $20,000 worth of damage to the home's contents, Schapelhoumen said.
This story contains 151 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.